Västmanlandsmusiken announces artist residencies for contemporary circus at Teatermaskinen, Riddarhyttan, Sweden
Västmanlandsmusiken wants to provide a platform for the development and renewal of circus of national importance and create a regional infrastructure to support this. We want to work to give contemporary circus a bigger place on stages and generally in society by:
– giving the artists time for focused work, reflection, exploration and development of their own artistic expression. With or without a finished production in mind.
– inviting the audience to take part of the artistic process in a public meeting, thus strengthening our connection to the local community.
– engaging more organisers through the public meeting at an early stage, in order to receive a work-in-progress or finished work down the line.
- Roundtrip travel for 4 people from a departure point within the Nordic region – Riddarhyttan.
- Accommodation for 4 people in Riddarhyttan.
- Ability to cook your own food, both in residence premise and in accommodation.
- Teatermaskinen’s ”Kuben” with a stage surface of at least 10×10 m2 and a ceiling height of 8 metres to beams. Between beams 9–10 metres. Floor surface larger without the dance floor.
- Sound, basic lighting, dance floor, dance mat, rigging possibilities.
- Technical support.
- Artistic feed-back if requested.
- Production fee of SEK 6 000 per week per person excl. VAT. Payment against invoice.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Active dance/circus artists.
The residence includes a public meeting with the local community through an open rehearsal, a work-in-progress, a performance form, or whatever suits the resident artists best. For us at Västmanlandsmusiken and for our residence hosts, it is important to connect with the local community and create long-term audience development. Planning takes place together with you resident artists.
Contemporary circus residence – Application deadline 17 March
Two-week stay at Teatermaskinen in Riddarhyttan for up to four circus artists.
Select an optional period between 10 June and 30 June 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Hellen Smitterberg by e-mail or phone:
+46 706 33 10 23,
(Lähde: Västmanlandsmusikenin tiedote 4.3.2019)