The Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture (NDPC) is now establishing a Secretariat of the Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture as a legal body. The Secretariat functions as a working body of the NDPC and it provides administrative, analytical and technical support to the work of the NDPC, including meetings of the Steering Committee (SC) and the High-Level Meetings. The seat of the Secretariat will be in Riga, Latvia. The working language of the Secretariat is English.
The Secretariat will be led by a Head of Secretariat, who shall:
· Contribute to Cultural and Creative Industries development in the Northern Dimension area
· Support the NDPC annual forum in Saint Petersburg fostering creative industries
· Elaborate and implement activities of the NDPC in the field of culture, cultural tourism and creative industries
· Represent the NDPC in international fora, as appropriate
· Facilitate coordination and information exchange within the NDPC, with organizations of relevance to the NDPC
· Ensure updating the NDPC website and other communication means of the NDPC
Prepare analytical or descriptive information material for the use of the NDPC
Develop Personnel Handbook (Staff Regulations, Administrative Manual and Financial Rules)
· Prepare yearly working plans, budget proposals, annual reports etc. of the Secretariat
Your profile should have:
· Insight to the Cultural and Creative Industries today, encompassing a variety of creative sectors
· Considerable networking and fundraising skills and experience, including good connections with relevant stakeholders, both within the region and within the EU institutions
· Energy and enthusiasm, entrepreneurial mindset
· Clear, confident and persuasive oral communication skills, adapting public presentation to the needs of different audiences
· Excellent negotiation skills that are effective with a range of stakeholders
· Ability to multi-task; prioritise and organise workload, balancing pressure and expectations
· A well developed IT literacy
· Knowledge and good understanding of NDPC, as well as ability to comprehend the work of the Secretariat in the context of international relations and diplomacy
· Advanced university degree in the area relevant to the NDPC
· At least five years´ work experience in arts management and/or administration, cultural and/or creative industries/institutions
· Practical experience of financial management and administrative matters
· Fluent oral and written English
· Experience of working in international organisations and/or at national level with links to international processes
· Practical experience of working strategically, including delivery of Action Plans
· Relevant experience in implementing complex projects with multiple external partners and contracts
· Additional language skills
Terms of employment:
NDPC offers an exciting full-time job with attractive salary and conditions. NDPC is employing on a contract for a period of up to three years, with a possibility of prolongation for one year. The appointed candidate can re-apply only once for the position. Prolongation excludes renewed application.
The expected starting date for the position would be Friday 1st of February 2019 or as soon as possible after that date. The contract is with an initial 6-month probation period. The nature of position necessitates travelling internationally and working occasionally during evenings/weekends.
The Head of Secretariat shall be appointed on the basis of merits with due consideration to gender awareness and geographical balance in accordance with the principle of rotation. Candidates must be citizens and passport holders of a country of one of the Parties to the Secretariat Agreement: Finland, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation or Sweden. The decision of the NDPC Steering Committee is final and it is not appealable.
Apply for the position:
Application is by CV and covering letter (max. 1 x A4 page in length) that explains why you are applying for the position and how your experience and expertise fits the position. Your up-to-date CV should include your current salary and two referees. Only shortlisted candidates are asked to send a copy of the passport(s) before the interviews.
Deadline for applications: 17 noon, Thursday 22th of November 2018 (notice UTC+2). Please send your application to https://www.recright.com/careers/en/ndpc/head-of-secretariat-5bd1954c52dd72485cfa6094
First round interviews will be arranged as video-interviews between Friday 30th of November and Tuesday 4th of December. Second round interviews will be held in Riga on Monday 10th of December. Please let us know in your application if you are unavailable on this date.
Enquiries on Mondays 5th and 19th of November from 3 pm. to 5 pm. (notice UTC+2):
· +358 (0)295 330198 Ms Maija Lummepuro, Chair of the SC (NDPC and the position)
· +358 (0)50 4145302 Ms Riitta Heinämaa, External Expert (recruitment procedure)
The Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture (NDPC) www.ndpculture.org was established in 2010 as the fourth Partnership in the Northern Dimension Policy. The Northern Dimension (ND) is a joint policy between EU, Russia, Norway and Iceland, with the participation of EU countries in their national capacities, regional councils, and other organisations such as research institutes, international financial institutions and others.
The mission of the NDPC is to contribute to social and economic sustainable development, and innovation and diversity in the ND area by focusing on the operating conditions for cultural and creative industries (CCIs). Learn more about the NDPC Strategy 2017–2020 by visiting www.ndpculture.org/ndpc/vision-and-mission