NuoraNORD is a one year project for young circus companies and communities in the Sweden, Finland, Latvia and Lithuania with an ambition to become established and increase their international capacity. NuoraNORD aims to contribute to the development of sustainable structures of production for circus companies from the Baltic-Nordic region.
The project is coordinated by CircusInfo Finland and focuses on providing young circus companies with knowledge and skills on strategic thinking and planning as well as long-term sustainable development.
The international project partners from the Baltic-Nordic region are Pievilcigas pilsetvides biedriba/ReRiga! Festival/VSIA Rīgas cirks (Latvia), Menu spaustuve/Arts Printing House (Lithuania), Manegen (Sweden) and Baltic Nordic Circus Network with support from Nordic Culture Point (Nordisk kulturkontakt).
The project is carried out through a series of workshops to improve production skills and competence needed in producing circus arts. Four workshops will be arranged in total across the region, with one 2-day workshop in each partner country (see below schedule).
Via this open call two producers/artists (working within a producing capacity) will be selected to participate from different companies within each partner country. Thus, the aim of the project is also to create new international connections between participating producers/artists in order to lay solid foundations for future collaboration.
The schedule for workshops is as follows:
- Artistic- and producer roles in performing arts group —> 10.–11.4.2018, Riga
- Strategic planning in artistic work —> 16.–17.5.2018, Helsinki
- International marketing and networks – Baltic-Nordic viewpoint —> 8.–9.9.2018, Vilnius
- Production structures in Circus group – production tools and models —> January/February -19, Sweden (TBC)
Criteria for applying
We are looking for producers (2 from Latvia, 2 from Lithuania, 2 from Finland and 2 from Sweden) who are:
- Somewhat experienced in the circus field in their home country
- Interested in developing the circus field in the home country
- Interested in international networking
- Able to attend at least three of four workshops
The project will cover travel, accommodation and per diems for all the workshops.
Deadline for applying for applicants from Sweden and Latvia is extended to 23rd of February 2018. (Updated 14.2.2018)
Deadline 14th of February 2018 is valid for applicants from Finland and Lithuania.
15-16th of Feb – short-listing, new date: 26 Feb
19th of Feb – first selection participants notified, new date: 27 Feb
21st of Feb – final selection, new date: 28 Feb
23rd of Feb – public announcement, new date: 1 March